I never used to be one for novelty sweets or desserts. That was before my two gorgeous nieces entered the scene...one of them only arriving a couple of weeks ago and is just the most gorgeous little bundle! Now I just want to make them gorgeous pink swathed cakes pretty enough for a fairy princess. Or something along those lines anyway.
I can't wait to spend the entire Easter long weekend with these two gorgous munchinks!! They are the inspiration behind these Easter egg cupcakes which I am certain the older of the two won't be able to resist. In fact if a sneaky little Easter egg goes missing, as they sometimes do, I'll know where to look!
I hope everyone has a lovely Easter and you enjoy some time out with your loved ones. xo
Easter egg cupcakes
1 cup self raising flour
½ cup raw caster sugar
¼ cup milk
100gm unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups icing sugar mixture
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs softened butter
2 Tbs milk
12 small chocolate Easter eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for another minute.
3. Stir in the flour and milk until a smooth batter forms.
4. Place paper cases in a muffin tin. Spoon a couple of tablespoons into each case.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes then turn out onto a cake rack to cool completely.
6. For the icing, combine the icing sugar mixture, vanilla extract, butter and milk and stir until a smooth and rich icing forms.
7. Spread the icing over the cooled cup cakes. Top each cupcake with sprinkles and a chocolate Easter egg.